Could ChatGPT be your new Marketing team member?
Ever wanted a real-life Jarvis from Iron Man? ChatGPT may just be the next best thing. Its ability to produce real-time replies in response to what the user has requested using natural human-like text conversations is what puts it above other AI tools.
From faultless delivery to plain gibberish, ChatGPT went viral, and for a good reason. The computer science world says it best: “Garbage In, Garbage Out”. GIGO is a common concept in computer science where the quality of the output is determined by the quality of the input.
In ChatGPT’s language, prompts are instructions. Treat ChatGPT as your team’s freelancer. As with all briefs, never assume and always start on a fresh page.
- Determine ChatGPT’s role
- Specify the role, tone of voice and writing style for ChatGPT to adopt.
- Provide the brief
- Set the context and provide insights on the topic. Define the task and goal so it knows what to achieve, but keep it short and concise so it is understandable.
- What else?
- Don’t stop at one, challenge it to provide alternatives with follow-up questions.
The more definitive the prompt, the better ChatGPT can do its work.
How to deploy ChatGPT in Marketing?
Streamlining market research is one of ChatGPT’s strengths. When understanding a specific audience or exploring a new market, ChatGPT’s ease and efficiency free up time for higher-level tasks.
- Provide audience insights, trends and patterns for more effective marketing campaigns and messages.
- Condense and analyse large volumes of text-based data (customer feedback, social media conversations, etc.) to inform marketing decisions.
Its coherent human-like responses improve the relevance and engagement of content based on a specific input and the user’s interests. There are several benefits to enlisting ChatGPT’s help with content creation.
- Higher conversion rates through driving traffic to the business’s website or social media platforms.
- Greater consistency in the content produced by ChatGPT will build a strong and recognisable brand identity, leading to increased trust and loyalty from the target audience.
“The best place to hide a dead body is page 2 of Google search results.” It is dark humour and an old saying but the point is taken. Organic search remains a priority. While ChatGPT is not out to replace Google, it provides suggestions for relevant keywords and phrases to include in your content, gradually building your page ranking.
- Provide assistance in SEO and keyword targeting strategies to improve search engine visibility.
- Support content creation for website articles and social media.
Use ChatGPT to your advantage
The possibilities of ChatGPT are endless and its potential has sent fears across employees and temptations to decision-makers. The truth is, ChatGPT will continue to evolve. After all, the job of an AI is to learn. The question is, what are we going to do about it?
As with previous waves of digitalisation (such as internet and cloud computing), AI could, one day, be an everyday tool. While ChatGPT is a jack-of-all-trades, it is not meant to be left unchecked. In fact, the meta description by Open AI disclaims that “ChatGPT sometimes writes plausible-sounding but incorrect or nonsensical answers. Fixing this issue is challenging, as: (1) during RL training, …”
It is not about pitting ourselves against ChatGPT, or generative AI. Rather, it is about evolving alongside and learning how to integrate this newfound capability to be more efficient at our jobs. As Marketers, we feed off its ideas and challenge ourselves to think critically. Creativity is a muscle so, flex it!